Overview of the Role:
- To support the Knapp Site Engineering manager/ Supervisor in their duties in providing a highly available automation system
- In conjunction with Knapp UK technicians, provide a first class site response to the customer, ensuring as far as reasonably practical a first time right policy.
- Involvement in meetings as and when required, both with the customers and Knapp UK.
- Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support. On all equipment and software issues on the installed equipment
- Be part of the Issue Management and the internal escalation process on all related maintenance issues, in partnership with the customer.
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customers and your responsibility team, to enable Knapp to provide a first class service.
- Provide performance in terms of controlling maintenance activities on site, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship.
- To provide maintenance support on other issues as well as the installed system, when requested to work on these items when work loading permits.
- To co-ordinate a team of site technicians and third party repair companies on their activities on site.
- Maintain Quality of Service by ensuring good quality communications between both customers and Knapp.
- Ensure that reports are well written and legible.
- Implementation of Site quality procedures, safety procedures, and any statutory procedures.
- Regular meetings with the Site Engineering Manager of Knapp UK, and Knapp head office service coordinator to discuss activities and progress.
- Involvement with suppliers ensuring their maintenance visits are kept up to date.
- Providing maintenance service support, to the installed system.
- Ensure that all spares issues are dealt with efficiently and rapidly.
- Ensuring the company equipment supplied is well cared for and is always in a presentable/usable/maintained condition.
- Provide flexibility and the best use of skills and capabilities of the maintenance team on site.
- Ensure that all time sheets and documentation is correct and legible with all the correct job numbers entered.
- HNC/HND/ONC Apprenticeship/BTEC, City and Guilds in appropriate subjects. Electrical & Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge and understanding in Control software at PC and PLC level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a relevant industry or service.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally, clear concise writing skills
- Demonstrable experience in man management
- Experience of having operated a CMMS system preferred.
- Proven track record in service maintenance
- Team oriented
- Customer focused
- Ability to “think on their feet”
- Flexible in hours worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Physically fit and able to work at height
Closing date for all applications: 10th February 2020
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.