IT Field Service Technician
Become part of one of the top 3 automation companies in the world!Creating added value along the value chain using digital solutions and automation technology. At KNAPP we do not follow trends. We start them. Our automation solutions are setting new standards in the industry and cover the entire value chain: from manufacturing and distribution to the last mile, including stores where customers can enjoy unique shopping experiences. As a value chain technology partner, our mission is to provide our customers with the technologies they need to excel in their industry: our portfolio includes the latest in shuttle technology, AI-infused robotics, all- in one and more. We are a strong partner and as such we support projects at all levels, starting from system consultancy, planning and implementation through to maintenance and lifecycle management. Over 3,000 of our automated systems are in operation worldwide, creating added value for our customers in their distribution networks. More than 6.000 colleagues in over 60 countries worldwide work everyday to support them and to develop new solutions. Become one of them!
KNAPP Italia is looking for an IT field service technicianBecome part of our field service team active in the distribution centers of our customers throughout Italy. It is your role to provide technical support and analysis for our software, infrastructure and technology products and to ensure the availability of the systems installed by Knapp. By directly supporting operational analytics, exceptions, and change management, you ensure the success of our customers’ day-to-day operations. Together with the Knapp Service Desk and our development groups, you effectively and accurately highlight all critical situations and contribute to solve them.
Roles and responsibilities:It is you task to:
- Monitor and manage Knapp software systems (WCS, WMS, PLC, SCADA) and related hardware
- Ensure disaster recovery
- Identify and analyse root causes of problems for systems and IT issues
- Support the software repair process through investigation
- Handle incident and problem management (Service Desk tickets)
- Initiate change Management (change request (RfC) and customer request (CR))
- Provide remote support on call
- Collaborate with the field service engineering / maintenance team during breakdown, repair and maintenance activities
Requirements for applicants
- You have knowledge of Linux operating systems (command line interface for administering operating system performance, browsing log files and distributing versions)
- You are competent in the use of SQL (DML, DDL, TCL) and SQL Developer
- You have gained experience with PL / SQL language
- Debugging skills are among your competences
- You have practical experience in database (Oracle)
- You are able to communicate in the Italian and English language
- Spending most of your work time (>75%) travelling in Italy is not a problem but you see it as the enabler to be close to the customer – and also as a way to gain experience
Knapp Italia offers
- A competitive salary and access to the company bonus system
- A company car for private use
- An attractive benefit package including additional health insurance and access to our corporate benefits portal
- Continuous training and development possibilities in Italy as well as in our mother company in Graz, Austria
- The possibility of being part of a fast-growing worldwide leader in the field of automation – rooted in the +70 years tradition of a family-owned company – with a clear focus on innovation, research and development
Are you looking for new challenges? Do your eyes sparkle with enthusiasm when you talk about your specialist area? Do you gladly take on responsibility? Are you able to grasp complex issues? Are you brave enough to take new paths and do you view changes as exciting opportunities?
Then apply now! We look forward to getting to know you.
Here are a few tips for a successful application.
Complete + online + authentic = good chances
The following documents are important to us:
- Cover letter (please indicate your core areas in the case of speculative applications)
- CV (résumé) in tabular format with a photo
- Diploma certificates and evidence of professional experience
Please only apply via our application tool.
Tip: Apply for current vacancies to maximize your chances. In the case of speculative applications, it can take some time before we have an appropriate offer for you.
Once you have completed the first two steps, you are a good deal closer to your new job. If your educational and professional backgrounds fit one of our job opportunities we will invite you to an interview in person.
The interview is the most important part of the application process. Above all, we look for authenticity. During the interview, we will find out whether our expectations match each other and whether a long-term cooperation can be formed.
1. Apply online
2. Confirmation of receipt sent
3. Human Resources and specific department look at your documents
4. If we like what we see: invitation to an interview in person
5. The excitement builds: first interview in person
6. If necessary: second interview in person
7. Do we fit well together? Welcome to KNAPP!
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.