Overview of the Role:
A dedicated shift engineer working as part of the resident engineering team on our customer’s Established Automated Warehouse system in Enderby Leicester.
Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required (OSR system, ASRS, Conveyors, all other equipment within the scope of supply of KNAPP and as per the Service Contract agreement)
- Carry out PPM of automation equipment and first line fixes
- Complete breakdown reports and shift logs including any issues arising on shift which may have or had an effect on the performance of the site equipment and / or the maintenance department using the CMMS
- Liaise with production to ensure workload is prioritised correctly
- Undertake, improvement, repairs and modifications
- Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities
- Learn company administrative procedures, and how to complete worksheets, time sheets etc.
- Any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of this role
- Hold a NVQ3/ONC / BTEC or City and Guilds in appropriate subjects Electrical & Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls (PLC’s) ideally Siemens S7
- A relevant IEE wiring qualification (17th Edition)
- IPAF Licence for Scissor Lift
- Working at Height (Harness)
- Rescue from Height
- To be a competent and supportive team member and an independent self-motivated worker
- Self-motivated and a proactive approach to problem solving is essential
- Ability to learn and develop on the job
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capacity to work as part of a team and as an individual
- Meeting of agreed performance and targets set
- Ability to work a 12-hour continental shift pattern and flexible hours
- Experience in a relevant industry or service
- Knowledge of working with Office software solutions and PC literate.
- Training will be provided on 3rd party supplier and KNAPP equipment
- Attractive remuneration package
- KNAPP U.K. has a strong team ethos, a trusting and respectful philosophy, ‘self-starting’ is encouraged, the team is empowered, people work hard and commit together because they realise individual success comes with group success.
Applicants are invited to provide a copy of their CV with a covering letter, providing details of their current remuneration, experience, notice period, training and qualifications to:
Closing date for all applications: 29th September 2020
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.