Overview of the Role:
The role purpose is to provide technical PLC/Profibus expertise to support the Knapp Engineering Shift Leader and Site Supervisor in his duties in providing a highly available automation system. The individual will be a member of the engineering team and will also act as the Deputy Shift Leader stepping up in the absence of the Engineering Shift Leader. Continuous improvement and project work will also form a key part of the role.
- In conjunction with Knapp UK technicians, provide a first-class site response to the customer, ensuring as far as reasonably practical a first-time right policy.
- Involvement in Daily Review Meetings as and when required, both with the customers and Knapp UK, providing detailed information as required.
- Identify, develop and implement automation system and program changes to support manufacturing processes, investigations and continuous improvement activities
- Ensure the validated status of automation assets is maintained by the use of change control and configuration management
- Ensure site documentation is appropriately managed where necessary
- Keep up to date with technologies to ensure the appropriate solutions are utilised for maximum business benefit
- Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support. On all equipment and software issues on the installed equipment
- Be part of the Issue Management and the internal escalation process on all related maintenance issues, in partnership with the customer.
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customers and your responsibility team, to enable Knapp to provide a first class service.
- To work alongside the Engineering Team Leader and in his absence co-ordinate a team of site technicians and third party repair companies on their activities on site.
- Bachelors / Masters degree or HNC/HND in IT, Electrical & Electronic, Controls, Automation or Robotics Engineering
- Experience in Automated Materials Handling or similar regulated, controls environment would be advantageous but is not essential
- Controls Engineering skills through to IT infrastructure and applications should include training and/or experience in a selection of the following:
- Control systems (PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI, Servo, Vision) for off the shelf and bespoke process and production equipment and materials handling systems
- Communication networks and protocols (serial, Profibus, Ethernet)
- Instrumentation (sensors, actuators, PMT)
- Electrical Design (control panel and field wiring)
- P&ID nomenclature and electrical wiring diagrams
- Process and Machinery Safety (CE, PUWER, HAZOP, CHAZOP)
- Environmental Monitoring Systems
- Siemens controls systems experience
- To be a competent and supportive team member and an independent self-motivated worker
- Self-motivated and a proactive approach to problem solving is essential
- Ability to learn and develop on the job
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capacity to work as part of a team
- Meeting of agreed performance and targets set
- Strong Leadership qualities
- experience in a relevant industry or service
- Knowledge of working with Office software solutions and PC literate
- Training will be provided on 3rd party supplier and KNAPP equipment with in the UK at our company headquarters in Graz, Austria
KNAPP U.K. has a strong team ethos, a trusting and respectful philosophy, ‘self-starting’ is encouraged, the team is empowered, people work hard and commit together because they realise individual success comes with group success
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.