To project manage Knapp Group projects ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and that they meet the customers’ agreed specification and scope. The focus will be on large scale projects in the region of E20M upwards although in the absence of projects of this scale several smaller projects could be potentially managed in unison dependant on complexity and size.
To support the Sales team in walking through prospective customers from sale through to handover of a completed installation to the customer services team.
The position will be for projects based mostly in the UK however it may be necessary to work outside the UK as and when required.
- Issue weekly and monthly reports to inform the Company of progress against budget and programme, listing any cost variations, identifying significant problem areas and with updated payment schedule.
- Manage both contractual and cost elements of projects escalating any issues to the appropriate line manager as required
- Maintain and manage the project time schedule and issue any updates and both internally and to the customer as required.
- Ensure with assistance from the design Knapp design teams that all design requirements have been meet in line with the customers specifications.
- Ensure that the customer is fully aware of the specifications of the system and is aware of the expected sequence of installation including key dates for customer supply elements such as, power supplies for panels, new totes on site, free issue equipment etc
- Manage the tasks of procurement to ensure that lead times are in line with the issued project programme and contract.
- Proven track record in delivering projects across a broad spectrum within an associated industry
- Minimum HNC in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent
- Good working knowledge of MS Project, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of intralogistical processes and solutions
- Excellent dealing with business partners and in-house interfaces
- Knowledge of IT tools used in the own professional field
- Modern foreign language spoken and written (English obligatory)
Important behaviours to have in line with our company values
- Reliability – A consistent team member
- Openness – Always approachable and helpful
- Determination – Gives their best to the end to
- Respect – Shows consideration for others
- Creativity – Is resourceful and innovative
- KNAPP will contribute up to 6% pension
- Private healthcare with Vitality
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee of the Quarter awards
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.