Overview of the role:
- To support the Knapp Engineering Team Leader in his duties in providing a highly available automation system
- In conjunction with Knapp UK technicians, provide a first class site response to the customer, ensuring as far as reasonably practical a first time right policy.
- Involvement in Daily Review Meetings as and when required, both with the customers and Knapp UK, providing detailed information as required.
- Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support. On all equipment and software issues on the installed equipment
- Be part of the Issue Management and the internal escalation process on all related maintenance issues, in partnership with the customer.
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customers and your responsibility team, to enable Knapp to provide a first class service.
- Provide performance in terms of supporting maintenance activities on site, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship.
- To provide maintenance support on all aspects of the installed system.
- To work within a team of site technicians and third party repair companies on their activities on site.
- Undertake breakdown maintenance of site automation as required
- Carry out PPM of automation equipment to the required standard
- Complete breakdown reports and shift reports including any issues arising on shift which may have or had an effect on the performance of the site equipment and / or the maintenance department
- Liaise with operations to ensure workload is prioritized correctly
- Undertake improvement, repairs and modifications
- Assist in project installation work including cost reduction activities
- NVQ/BTEC Level 3 In an Electrical discipline
- NVQ Level2 in a Mechanical discipline
- Advance Full apprenticeship
- 3 years’ experience in logistics automation
- Electrical/Mechanical maintenance and inspection.
- 3 phase, Single Phase, 24/48V DC knowledge.
- Electrical Drawing navigation
- Team oriented
- Customer focused
- Ability to “think on their feet”
- Flexible in hours worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Physically fit and able to work at height
Knapp is a growing globally operating business and this role offers the potential to grow within our business.
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.