Overview of the Role:
It is expected that all engineers will possess proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations within a warehouse environment. Reporting to the Site Manager, the team of Support Engineers will be eager though safety conscious, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion. Every team member will be required to respond out of hours in an emergency situation. This emergency cover will be scheduled within the team and is not a permanent requirement. European travel for training may be a requirement.
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following,
- Minimum; NVQ-3 or similar [Level-3] recognised qualification(s) in Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering
- Desired = Level-3 Mechatronics
- Good Mechanical experience
- Good Electrical experience
- Right first time approach to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Service and repair current installed products and show ownership of issues to achieve a quick resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Comply with ALL Health & Safety requirements with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Basic Understanding of PLC’s and their function
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial
- Ability to ‘Think on their feet’
- Flexible in hours worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Team player
- Quick/Keen learner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Physically fit
- Able to work at height
- Able to work alone/un-supervised
with all such profiles this job description is liable to change following the trends and current position of the business.
Please send CV and covering letter to:
KNAPP UK LTD
60 Monument Business Park
OXFORDSHIRE OX44 7RW
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.