Overview of the Role:
It is expected that all engineers will possess proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations within a warehouse environment. Reporting to the Site manager, the team of Support Engineers will be eager though safety conscious, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion. Every team member will be required to respond out of hours in an emergency situation. This emergency cover will be scheduled within the team and is not a permanent requirement. European travel for training may be a requirement.
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following,
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Day to day maintenance of site MHE to a high standard, looking to continuously improve with all aspects of new and old equipment health and safety conscience.
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Appreciation of control systems
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Appreciation of Cultural Diversity
- Full Electrical/ Mechanical minimum level 3 C&G
- Understanding of Non Destructive Technologies and Testing
- Understanding of PLC’s and their function
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Use of Cmms system and store room experience
- HNC/HND equivalent is desirable
- Experience of using a bagging machine and scan tunnels is desirable
- Ability to ‘Think on their feet’
- Flexible in hours worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Team player
- Quick/Keen learner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Physically fit and able to work at height
As with all such profiles this job description is liable to change following the trends and current position of the business.
Closing date for all applications: 3rd December 2020
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.