Overview of the Role:
As a Site Installation Manager, you will be a key member of Knapp UK’s Project Team. The main role will consist of enforcing safe working procedures of Knapp installation teams and subcontractors as required by the Health & Safety Regulations such as Construction, Design and Management regulations 2015.
The position will be for projects based mostly in the UK however it may be necessary to work outside the UK as and when required.
Tasks & Functions:
- Overall responsibility for Management of Health & Safety
- Managing on site personnel and sub-contractors on a day to day basis.
- Local programme management in conjunction with the Knapp Project Manager
- Maintaining the relevant site Knapp H&S procedures and documentation
- Management of the general day to day running of the project.
- Carrying out regular safety audits and checks.
- Organisation and coordination of material and plant deliveries arriving on site and coordination of their return.
- General office tasks (minutes of essential site meetings, documentation and management of agreed open issues)
- Administration of apartments for installation teams (hand-over of keys, documentation of occupancy etc. if required)
- Issue weekly reports to the client and Knapp project manager
- Ensure Knapp processes and procedures are carried out on site.
Professional & Experience requirements:
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification or equivalent
- Systematic approach to dealing with problems and issues
- Excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Ability to organize both day to day tasks and prepare for future tasks as detailed in the project programme
- An understanding of the installation of Material Handling Systems is essential
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications
- Report production (internal and client progress reports)
- Motivation / dependability / appearance / business trip: Positive, constructive, and self-confident attitude towards the company and towards position (role model for colleagues and representative of the company) Ability to form own opinion and make decisions in pressure situations and can see through these decision to completion. Sales-oriented appearance. Willing to travel frequently for business trips.
- Internal and external perceptions / creativity: Can understand one’s role as well as the role of the business partner, even in difficult situations, to find sustainable solutions.
- Communication and work relationships: Able to communicate well with various groups of people, is able to see things from the perspective of others, and can deal sensitively with customers and contractors.
- Economic thinking: Able to act and thinks economically, and handles resources responsibly.
- Reliability: Adheres to performance targets agreed upon and promises.
- Skills in conflict: Able to identify tensions, openly address problems, deal with any conflicts and to provide viable solutions.
- Willingness to learn / improvements: Willing and able to continually learn and acquire further expertise for the continuous improvement of processes, in order to keep up with the current demands.
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.