Overview of the role:
It is expected that the successful candidate will possess proven experience of managing an on-site maintenance team that deal with electro-mechanical, PLC, and Systems Software faults and preventative maintenance operations on automated materials handling equipment within a warehouse environment. Reporting to the KUK Key Account Manager, the Site Engineering Manager will be experienced in carrying out risk assessments and will ensure that the team carries out their duties within a safe environment. The position is an office-hours, site-based role although the Manager is expected to be very flexible should the situation require out of hours attendance. The candidate must show experience and competence in budgetary control and show a successful history of managing a large team of shift-based engineers
The position requires a wide range of responsibilities including but not limited to the following,
- Provide complete customer satisfaction whilst enhancing the reputation of the Company
- Gain a reputation for rapid and effective support
- Manage site budgets and associated commercial activities
- Match tasks with team skill-sets to ensure delivery of defined SLA
- Manage as the on-site representative, all system improvements and installations
- Manage all training requirements, both technical and regulatory
- Develop on-site staff and resources
- Increase the scope and efficiency of the Company’s support solutions
- Be an effective manager focused on team development
- Work against timeframes to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site and off-site management keeping them informed of local issues and successes and addressing all concerns in a professional manner.
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Provide monthly, summary and detailed reports covering commercial and technical activities
- Improve the service level and optimise resource utilisation through adoption of industry best practices
- Manage the provision of quality support and maintenance services of all live information systems.
- Plan and implement system security policy.
- Manage and coordinate the daily activities of all personnel.
- Appreciation of Cultural Diversity
- Degree Level or at least HNC/D Engineering
- Systems background
- Strong experience of Lean / 6 Sigma
- Manufacturing management experience preferred but not essential
- Previously managed large teams
- Customer focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data analysis
- Strong skills in report development (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Team oriented.
- Deal with issues and resolve them diplomatically.
- Proven Organisational Skills
- Technical skills to cover software systems, server architecture & Networks with a good appreciation of electro-mechanical installations
Closing date for all applications: 30th June 2020
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.