Software Engineer for Retrofits (m/f/d)
In the Service Projects and Retrofit Team you travel back to the past to change the future. Many of our intralogistics systems are waiting for modifications, upgrades and new software solutions.
- Together with our team, you extend the life cycle of our systems and make our proven technology fit for tomorrow.
- You support the Software Planning and Software Development departments, with whom you work in close cooperation, with your expertise and creativity.
- After an intense study of the existing software concepts, you launch into project preparation and get the software up and running in a test environment.
- You install, configure and test the software packages at our customers’ sites, which are located all around the globe.
- You consider analyzing, optimizing and recording developed measures as well as training customer technicians on site to be the basis for achieving highest customer satisfaction.
- Support and accompany our customers in their growth and seize the opportunity to enhance your expertise.
- You have completed an IT education.
- You have knowledge of object-orientated programming (C++, C# or Java) and of relational databases (SQL or Oracle), and Linux.
- Knowledge of hardware and networks complete your profile.
- Working in an international, dynamic team is your thing. You are open-minded and enjoy traveling (approx. 50 %).
- You speak German and/or English very well.
- You are able to complete tasks reliably with respect to work quality and deadlines, even under pressure.
- You are particularly good at recognizing potential for improvement and you enjoy being at the forefront of turning this potential into creative and dynamic processes and solutions.
You will be given the opportunity to be a pioneer: shape and help develop a rapidly growing and dynamic department in a worldwide leading group of companies with your experience and expertise. You will have plenty of freedom and will be trusted with many responsibilities. A minimum salary of EUR 2.650 gross per month applies for this position. Depending on your qualifications and experience, we offer a salary in line with industry standards. Additionally, depending on the amount of travel, you will receive a monthly compensation for expenses of up to EUR 1,000 net as well as allowances of up to EUR 1,000 gross.
Company health management programme
Company mobile phone
Company pension scheme
Flexible working hours
Grant for public transportation
KNAPP Kinderwelt day care centre
Share in the company
Are you looking for new challenges? Do your eyes sparkle with enthusiasm when you talk about your specialist area? Do you gladly take on responsibility? Are you able to grasp complex issues? Are you brave enough to take new paths and do you view changes as exciting opportunities?
Then apply now! We look forward to getting to know you.
Here are a few tips for a successful application.
Complete + online + authentic = good chances
The following documents are important to us:
- Cover letter (please indicate your core areas in the case of speculative applications)
- CV (résumé) in tabular format with a photo
- Diploma certificates and evidence of professional experience
Please only apply via our application tool.
Tip: Apply for current vacancies to maximize your chances. In the case of speculative applications, it can take some time before we have an appropriate offer for you.
Once you have completed the first two steps, you are a good deal closer to your new job. If your educational and professional backgrounds fit one of our job opportunities we will invite you to an interview in person.
The interview is the most important part of the application process. Above all, we look for authenticity. During the interview, we will find out whether our expectations match each other and whether a long-term cooperation can be formed.
1. Apply online
2. Confirmation of receipt sent
3. Human Resources and specific department look at your documents
4. If we like what we see: invitation to an interview in person
5. The excitement builds: first interview in person
6. If necessary: second interview in person
7. Do we fit well together? Welcome to KNAPP!
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.