Overview of the role:
We are looking for a spare parts administrator for our modern engineering stores, the candidate must have experience in stores management, however an engineering stores background is not essential, but advantageous. This is a highly structured, organised and process orientated role, requiring good IT skills, including the use of Excel, Word and Outlook and exceptional attention to detail. The candidate must possess a high level of customer service, work well within a team and work in a professional, polite and positive manner.
- Stores management – ensuring we have the correct spares onsite and adequate levels for the site’s requirements. Regular checks and orders are completed, whilst ensuring all orders are tracked and raised on our Computerized Maintenance Management System. Feedback on several aspects of stores will be reported back at the daily review meeting and any concerns raised and details of actions provided.
- Consumables – ensuring we have the correct consumables onsite and adequate levels for the site’s requirements, with accompanying COSHH data sheets provided and filed where/when applicable
- Stationary – completing monthly checks and reordering supplies
- Clothing – ensuring we have a sufficient stock of Personal Protective Equipment, that is in good condition and placing orders when necessary, to replace worn out items and engineers’ uniforms where/when necessary.
- Tooling – request quotes and place orders for additional and/or replacement tooling for engineers and the workshop
- Deliveries – to be checked off against orders placed and any discrepancies reported back to the supplier
- Repairs – to be logged, tagged and shipped to the correct supplier. Quotes to be requested and analysed
- Budgets – ensure all purchases are recorded on the correct tracker and provide monthly reports on current spend against budgets to the site manager. Check outstanding orders against the budget pack to identify any discrepancies and feedback.
- Invoices – confirming orders have delivered correctly before authorising the invoice to be paid
- Holidays – to process engineers holiday forms and update the tracker, providing updated visibility to the engineering team on a monthly basis
- Planned Preventative Maintenance – generate, organise and input the weekly ppm plan, in line with the control room requirements
- Service Contracts – working with the site supervisor to ensure service contracts are renewed annually
- House keeping – to maintain the stores in keeping with our high 5S standards
- Confidentiality regarding all processes, data and information contained and discussed in the department.
- Be aware of Health and Safety procedures and practices.
QUALIFCATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic A level Qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Team Player
- Ability to Communicate clearly verbally, clear concise writing skills
- customer focused
- Self-motivated and persistent
- Be able to work to own initiative
- Good IT skills, including the use of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of cost spend and budgets
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.