The Systems Start up Engineer must ensure that all the defined tasks are correctly and punctually carried out to achieve a successful start up at a customer site.
After successfully completing the KiSoft One / SRC Commissioning Engineer training, the employee is able to commission a project independently. The responsible team leader regularly checks the progress and assigns technical and organizational support to the Systems Startup Engineer based on the findings.
The Systems Startup Engineer knows all relevant processes and products to be able to commission a project independently. If necessary, they will request technical support from the responsible team leader. Employees in this role are authorized to train and support new employees. The role may involve leadership tasks. Part of the work may involve working on strategic projects, which the team leader or project manager will coordinate.
The Systems Startup Engineer is able to commission large and complex warehouses and usually takes on leadership tasks within the project. An employee in this role is an important contact person in the Software Commissioning department and actively works to develop the department. Coordinating training tasks and strategic topics falls within the responsibility of the Advanced Commissioning Engineer.
This role involves travel inside the UK and beyond.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independent in-house (offsite) preparation and start up at customer locations (onsite)
- Software customization programming
- Participation in creation of new software applications
- Necessary customizations of the network and operating system configurations
- Customer training on site on the software used including the interfaces and the workflow
- Expert assistance of the software development and planning departments
- Training new employees (and customers) in-house and at the installation site
- Creating work reports and lists of open points for projects currently assigned
- Coordinating daily work processes with the customer
- Adhering to predefined work processes according to checklists and work instructions
- If required, addressing Hotline requests via remote maintenance or on site and realizing small orders
- Preparation and execution of factory tests
- Post-processing and documentation from installation site
- Informing the supervisor of the project progress and recognizing time-critical points to be able to escalate these on time
- Ability and willing to travel to installations in the UK and outside the UK
- Solid IT education (technical IT college, university, or similar education)
- Spoken and written English, a further foreign language is advantageous
- Skills in C/C++, Java, SQL/PLSQL, Linux
- Very good general IT skills
- Basic knowledge of hardware
Important behaviours to have in line with our company values
- Reliability – A consistent team member
- Openness – Always approachable and helpful
- Determination – Gives their best to the end to
- Respect – Shows consideration for others
- Creativity – Is resourceful and innovative
- KNAPP will contribute up to 6% pension
- Private healthcare with Vitality
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee of the Quarter awards
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.