Overview of the Role:
It is expected that all engineers will possess proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations within a warehouse environment. Reporting to the Site Manager, the team of Support Engineers will be eager though safety conscious, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion. Every team member will be required to respond out of hours in an emergency situation. This emergency cover will be scheduled within the team and is not a permanent requirement. European travel for training may be a requirement.
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following,
- Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support
- Create strong effective working relationships with our customer and the operational agents to enable Knapp Uk to provide a first class service
- Provide performance in terms of achieving output, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship
- To provide maintenance support on other issues as well as the installed system
- To provide 24 hr 365 days per annum maintenance support to customers, via a shift rotation pattern
- In conjunction with the other team shift members on site, providing a first class response to maintenance and support issues arising, ensuing as far as reasonably practical a first time right policy
- Involvement in site related meetings as and when required, both with the customer and or their nominated contact as well as Knapp Uk.
- Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
- Electrical Fault-Finding
- Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Service and repair current installed products and show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
- Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Appreciation of Cultural Diversity
- Appreciation of control systems
- City and Guilds level 3/ NVQ level 3 electrical and mechanical
- Understanding of Non Destructive Technologies and Testing
- Understanding of PLC’s and their function is beneficial but not essential
- Understanding of WMS, WMC systems is beneficial but not essential
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
- Ability to ‘Think on their feet’
- Flexible in hours worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Team player
- Quick/Keen learner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Physically fit and able to work at height
As with all such profiles this job description is liable to change following the trends and current position of the business.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Alexia English, Head of HR at the email address below.
Por motivos vinculados a la protección de datos, presenta tu solicitud exclusivamente a través de nuestra herramienta de solicitud. Después de enviar tu solicitud recibirás un acuse de recibo.