Job SummaryThe Site Manager will have proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations on automated materials handling equipment within a warehouse environment. Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the Site Manager will have experience of carrying out risk assessments and will ensure that the onsite team carries out their duties within a safe environment. The position is an office-hours based role though the Manager is expected to be very flexible should the situation require out of hours attendance. The candidate will most likely be someone looking for their next move from a supervisor level.
- Overall management of site with approx.<5 employees
- Provide complete customer satisfaction whilst enhancing the reputation of the Company
- Gain a reputation for rapid and effective support
- Strategically plan and manage site budgets and associated commercial activities
- Responsible for reacting to electro-mechanical tasks
- Manage, as the on-site representative, all system improvements and installations
- Manage all training requirements, both technical and regulatory
- Develop on-site staff and resources
- Take a leading role relating to escalation management.
- Increase the scope and efficiency of the Company’s support solutions
- Work against timeframes to complete reactive repairs and work with colleagues in Field Services to plan the maintenance of these repairs
- Interact with on-site and off-site management keeping them informed of local issues and successes and addressing all concerns in a professional manner
- Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
- Provide monthly, summary and detailed reports covering commercial and technical activities
- Improve the service level and optimise resource utilisation through adoption of industry best practices
- Manage the provision of quality support and maintenance services of all live information systems
- Plan and implement system security policy
- Appreciation of Cultural Diversity.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- HNC/D and/or relevant higher engineering qualification
- Operational experience within an automated distribution or manufacturing facility
- Experience of managing small teams of 2+
- Strong experience of Lean / 6 Sigma
- Technical skills to cover software systems, server architecture & Networks with a good appreciation of electro-mechanical installations
- Customer focused with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with CMMS
- IOSH qualification desirable
- Strong data analytical and report development skills
- Competent with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Team oriented
- Deal with issues and resolve them diplomatically.
- Proven Organisational Skills
- Member of engineering institution
- KNAPP will contribute up to 6% pension
- Private healthcare with Aviva includes dental and optical cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee of the Quarter awards
Bitte bewirb dich aus datenschutzrechtlichen Gründen ausschließlich über unser Bewerber-Tool. Nach dem Abschicken deiner Bewerbung erhältst du eine Empfangsbestätigung.