- The site engineer will possess proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults, repairs and preventative maintenance operations within an automated logistics environment.
- Reporting to the Knapp UK Key Account Manager; the Site Engineer will deliver world class maintenance processes within a highly automated logistics system, providing high standards of equipment reliability and system technical availability.
- Taking a safety-first approach to all tasks and demonstrating a track record of owning problems through to successful completion.
- Flexibility is the key to success within this small, dynamic, highly efficient and effective engineering team.
- European travel may be a required for training purposes.
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following,
- 1st level support– error correction within the logistics system
- Electrical, Mechanical, pneumatic, fault finding and repairs
- Planned maintenance of the automated logistic system
- Monitoring the technical operation of the logistic system
- Inspections and condition monitoring of installed equipment
- Efficient and effective equipment breakdown recovery
- Escalation management of equipment/system incidents
- Interact with customer management team keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
- Ability to interpret electrical circuit diagrams and work with 415V motor controls.
- Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
- Management of spare parts including; usage, inventory levels, repairs, receipts, replenishments, ordering
- Demonstrable compliance with Health and Safety regulations
- Compliance with customer standards and regulations
- Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Appreciation of control systems (PLC, WCS, WMS)
- Appreciation of industrial field bus systems (e.g. ASi, Profibus)
- Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
- Appreciation of Cultural Diversity
- Completed a time served apprenticeship in an Electrical / Mechanical discipline to a min standard of NVQ 3
- Understanding of Non Destructive Technologies and Testing
- Understanding of PLC’s and their function is beneficial but not essential
- Understanding of WMS, WCS systems is beneficial but not essential
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic knowledge beneficial.
- Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills.
- Self-motivated, self-managing
- Ability to ‘Think on their feet’
- Flexible in hours worked
- Able to take ownership of situations
- Team player
- Quick/Keen learner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good Organisational Skills
- Physically fit and able to work at height
As with all such profiles this job description is liable to change following the trends and current position of the business.
Bitte bewirb dich aus datenschutzrechtlichen Gründen ausschließlich über unser Bewerber-Tool. Nach dem Abschicken deiner Bewerbung erhältst du eine Empfangsbestätigung.