IT Logistic Operation Engineer
Become part of one of the top 3 automation companies in the world!Creating added value along the value chain using digital solutions and automation technology. At KNAPP we do not follow trends. We start them. Our automation solutions are setting new standards in the industry and cover the entire value chain: from manufacturing and distribution to the last mile, including stores where customers can enjoy unique shopping experiences. As a value chain technology partner, our mission is to provide our customers with the technologies they need to excel in their industry: our portfolio includes the latest in shuttle technology, AI-infused robotics, all- in one and more. We are a strong partner and as such we support projects at all levels, starting from system consultancy, planning and implementation through to maintenance and lifecycle management. Over 3,000 of our automated systems are in operation worldwide, creating added value for our customers in their distribution networks.
KNAPP Italia is now looking to expand their team with an IT Logistic Operation Engineer (LOE).Become part of our resident team at the main logistics center of one of our customers – the world-wide leader in the field of eye wear. As an IT Logistics Operation Engineer, you are an integral part of the resident team. You guarantee the correct functioning of the IT and logistics activities. Your role therefore includes technical, supervisory, training, and administrative responsibilities. These functions you achieve successfully as a coordinator of the relations between KNAPP Italia and the customer as wells as with our head office in Austria. Sharing your knowledge in the team, you act as a trainer of your resident colleagues enabling them to use software and integrating new Knapp equipment.
Roles and responsibilities:As an IT Logistic Operation Engineer (LOE), it is your task to:
- Monitor and manage Knapp software systems (WCS, WMS, PLC, SCADA) and associated hardware
- Ensure disaster recovery
- Identify and analyze root causes of problems for systems and IT issues.
- Take care of Incident and problem management as well as Change Management
- Support the software repair process through investigation
- Increase the stability of IT systems
- Support the engineering/maintenance team during breakdown/repair/maintenance activities
- Define a series of best practices
Requirements for applicants
- You have the ability to dynamically prioritize workload and tasks effectively based on current business needs
- You enjoy the freedom but also the challenges of working flexible hours
- You are a team player but you are also able to work independently with a high level of responsibility
- You have a good knowledge of Linux operating systems (command line interface to administer operating system performance, navigate log files and deploy releases)
- You are proficient in using SQL (DML, DDL, TCL) and SQL Developer and have experience with PL/SQL language
- Debugging skills and hands-on experience in database (Oracle) complete your profile
- You are keen to put yourself to challenges, to learn and to develop
- You feel comfortable communicating and engaging with our customer and your colleagues in Austria.
- The English language is no problem for you
Knapp Italia offers
- A competitive salary including an annual target bonus.
- An attractive benefit package including lunch contribution, additional health insurance and access to our corporate benefits portal
- Continuous training and development possibilities in Italy as well as in our mother company in Graz, Austria
- The possibility of being part of a fast-growing worldwide leader in the field of automation – rooted in the +70 years tradition of a family-owned company – with a clear focus on innovation, research and development
Are you looking for new challenges? Do your eyes sparkle with enthusiasm when you talk about your specialist area? Do you gladly take on responsibility? Are you able to grasp complex issues? Are you brave enough to take new paths and do you view changes as exciting opportunities?
Then apply now! We look forward to getting to know you.
Here are a few tips for a successful application.
Complete + online + authentic = good chances
The following documents are important to us:
- Cover letter (please indicate your core areas in the case of speculative applications)
- CV (résumé) in tabular format with a photo
- Diploma certificates and evidence of professional experience
Please only apply via our application tool.
Tip: Apply for current vacancies to maximize your chances. In the case of speculative applications, it can take some time before we have an appropriate offer for you.
Once you have completed the first two steps, you are a good deal closer to your new job. If your educational and professional backgrounds fit one of our job opportunities we will invite you to an interview in person.
The interview is the most important part of the application process. Above all, we look for authenticity. During the interview, we will find out whether our expectations match each other and whether a long-term cooperation can be formed.
1. Apply online
2. Confirmation of receipt sent
3. Human Resources and specific department look at your documents
4. If we like what we see: invitation to an interview in person
5. The excitement builds: first interview in person
6. If necessary: second interview in person
7. Do we fit well together? Welcome to KNAPP!
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.