Resident Service Technician (Electromechanics)
Become part of one of the top 3 automation companies in the world!Creating added value along the value chain using digital solutions and automation technology. At KNAPP we do not follow trends. We start them. Our automation solutions are setting new standards in the industry and cover the entire value chain: from manufacturing and distribution to the last mile, including stores where customers can enjoy unique shopping experiences. As a value chain technology partner, our mission is to provide our customers with the technologies they need to excel in their industry: our portfolio includes the latest in shuttle technology, AI-infused robotics, all- in one and more. We are a strong partner and as such we support projects at all levels, starting from system consultancy, planning and implementation through to maintenance and lifecycle management. Over 3,000 of our automated systems are in operation worldwide, creating added value for our customers in their distribution networks.
KNAPP Italia is now looking to expand their team with a Resident Service TechnicianBecome part of our resident team at the main logistics center of one of our customers – the world-wide leader in the field of eye wear. As a resident service technician, you carry out reactive maintenance and scheduled preventative maintenance tasks to the highest standards and ensure high availability of the automated system. All our team members are part of our continuous improvement process. To ensure the availability of the site to our customer, our technicians work in alternating shifts which typically include one night shift per month.
Roles and responsibilities:It is your task to:
- Carry out servicing tasks on all parts of the system while observing established health and safety practices
- Intervene quickly when errors occur
- Communicate clearly with others and to troubleshoot efficiently
- Support the continual improvement process by using the information gained through trouble shooting for feedback and suggestions
- Ensure high availability of the equipment
Requirements for applicants
- You have a qualification in electrics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, IT or automation
- You have gained experience in maintenance task
- You are able to read and understand mechanical layouts and circuit diagrams
- Working in a workshop is not completely new to you
- You are able to communicate in the Italian language and ideally also in English
Knapp Italia offers
- A competitive salary and access to the company bonus system
- An extra compensation of night work
- An attractive benefit package including lunch contribution, additional health insurance and access to our corporate benefits portal
- Continuous training and development possibilities in Italy as well as in our mother company in Graz, Austria
- The possibility of being part of a fast-growing worldwide leader in the field of automation – rooted in the +70 years tradition of a family-owned company – with a clear focus on innovation, research and development
Are you looking for new challenges? Do your eyes sparkle with enthusiasm when you talk about your specialist area? Do you gladly take on responsibility? Are you able to grasp complex issues? Are you brave enough to take new paths and do you view changes as exciting opportunities?
Then apply now! We look forward to getting to know you.
Here are a few tips for a successful application.
Complete + online + authentic = good chances
The following documents are important to us:
- Cover letter (please indicate your core areas in the case of speculative applications)
- CV (résumé) in tabular format with a photo
- Diploma certificates and evidence of professional experience
Please only apply via our application tool.
Tip: Apply for current vacancies to maximize your chances. In the case of speculative applications, it can take some time before we have an appropriate offer for you.
Once you have completed the first two steps, you are a good deal closer to your new job. If your educational and professional backgrounds fit one of our job opportunities we will invite you to an interview in person.
The interview is the most important part of the application process. Above all, we look for authenticity. During the interview, we will find out whether our expectations match each other and whether a long-term cooperation can be formed.
1. Apply online
2. Confirmation of receipt sent
3. Human Resources and specific department look at your documents
4. If we like what we see: invitation to an interview in person
5. The excitement builds: first interview in person
6. If necessary: second interview in person
7. Do we fit well together? Welcome to KNAPP!
To ensure a speedy application process, please only apply via our application tool. After submitting your application you will receive a confirmation of receipt.